Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Little Bird Tales Adventure



Last night, I completed my very first digital short story about a boy by the name of Charlie and his rain gauge.  Basically, he wants to see his new rain gauge in action so he wants it to rain, but it doesn't.  He learns about what a barometer is so that he can figure out when it might rain again.  It sure was fun to put this story together.  I will say it made me step outside of my comfortable limits as I have never done such a thing before.  It is challenging putting the elementary teacher hat on.  I made sure that I incorporated different voices, use language that students would know, and paused at appropriate times.  Hope you enjoy listening!

When Will It Rain?

4 comments:

  1. Craig,
    Great story, illustrations and loved your enthusiasm reading the story. I plan on sharing with a group of Elementary teachers in a summer pd session that I have scheduled. I enjoyed your story, Amanda’s and Terry’s. The more I see http://littlebirdtales.com the more I can see it being used in a variety of classes and levels. It’s on my list to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig -
    I am so impressed! What a great story and the illustartions fit with it very well. The voices that you use are just perfect! Very enthusiatstic on the part of Charlie, especially. I had to laugh that the teacher's name is Mr. Rogers. :) Very well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Craig, you definitely have a gift for film production. You would make a great cartoon voice for an animated movie! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great way to use this technology. It seems that Little Bird Tales is definitely more of a voice recording feature then actually reading a book and I like that for young students. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete