Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wi-Fi

Seeing the new iPads (I want one!) have made me think of the issue with wi-fi.  While on a vacation last week, I was reminded how people still have to pay for access to wi-fi in hotels, airports, restaurants.  I just feel that this day in age, it should be provided for free.  A lot of people have mobile devices and laptop computers that people would like access to the internet.  Not that people should constantly be connected...it just surprised me that we still have to pay a decent amount of money. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree! In Italy it was impossible to find any internet, and when we did it was very expensive and not wireless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ipad2 will start selling on Friday at 5:00 PM. It does seem crazy to pay for home internet, cell phone and now a separate cost for connection on the ipad it you can't have access regular wifi connections. Maybe some of the stimulus money should have been invested in wifi.

    ReplyDelete